First and Only Mobile APM Service Combining Crash, Performance and Business Analytics Into a Single Easy-to-Use System DETROIT, April 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company delivering a new generation of APM, today announced the availability of the free Compuware APM Mobile Application Monitoring Service, the first and only free solution that combines crash, performance and business analytics for native mobile applications. Compuware pioneered mobile APM, first delivering solutions more than three years ago. This new free offering enables mobile application and operations teams to accelerate time-to-market for new applications and ensure great end-user experiences. Register for early access here . Compuware Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition is a SaaS solution that monitors mobile performance from the real user perspective. This gives organizations the ability to analyze who is using their mobile applications; see performance by device and browser; know the impact of device characteristics such as signal strength, battery charge and memory; all with integrated crash detection and diagnostics. This insight enables IT and business leaders to proactively address performance issues and maximize business results, which is of critical importance as mobile engagement continues its explosive growth. "Our customers tell us they need better solutions for managing mobile applications. They started with crash analytics, but as mobile applications have become mainstream, they now want crash, performance and business analytics all in one easy-to-use solution," said Steve Tack, Vice President of Product Management for Compuware's APM business unit. "As mobile applications become industrialized, operations, development and business teams are looking for all three dimensions in a single Mobile APM solution." Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition features the following capabilities:
- Monitoring of Real End-Users' Mobile Application Experiences: Compuware APM Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition is the only solution that monitors and tracks application usage, performance, availability, business level information, and captures and detects crashes in a single solution. With the Free Edition, you can begin monitoring all aspects of an iOS or Android mobile application in minutes.
- Mobile Application Usage Tracking: tracks the numbers of users and their application sessions across geographies, devices and networks, giving organizations the insight needed to optimize their applications to achieve better business results.
- Availability Measurement and Reporting: delivers insight into whether the application is stable and consistently available, able to serve the customer when it is needed, every time.
- Monitoring Mobile Application Performance: Free Edition measures performance of a mobile application directly from the mobile device to understand the end-user impact of poor performance, with detailed performance trending and patterns over time.
- Isolating Root Causes of Crashes and Errors, Down to the Line of Code: capture and analyze any error or crash that end users experience. Drill down on crashes to see what happened on a device at the time of a crash and identify critical information such as operating system, carrier, geographic location, battery level, other running applications, and the specific line of code where the problem occurred.
Compuware's leadership in mobile APM dates back to 2009 when the company delivered the industry's first mobile synthetic testing solution. More than 500 businesses, from small enterprises to Fortune 100 companies, currently use Compuware APM's mobile solutions.Organizations that would like early access to the Compuware APM Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition can register here. Compuware APM is the leader in a new generation of application performance management. Unlike traditional APM solutions that are heavy, difficult and reactive, Compuware APM is light, smart and proactive. Compuware APM is built to manage the complexity of today's most challenging modern applications including mobile, cloud, big data and SOA. Compuware APM optimizes and monitors tens of thousands of applications for more than 4,000 customers, large and small, around the globe. Through the lens of end-user experience, our customers enjoy faster performance, proactive problem resolution, accelerated time-to-market and reduced application management costs through smarter analytics, advanced APM automation and a unique performance lifecycle foundation. Compuware is recognized as a leader in the "Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring" report. To read more about Compuware's leadership in the APM market, click here. Follow Compuware APM on: http://www.compuware.com .
CONTACT: Press Contacts Kayla Siefker Senior Public Relations Manager, Compuware APM Business Unit email@example.com, 313-227-1402 Jackie Lucas Warner Communications 978-526-1960, Jackie@warnerpr.com For Sales and Marketing Information Compuware Corporation One Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226 800-521-9353 http://www.compuware.com