2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Wednesday includes the ADP Employment Change report for March at 8:15 a.m. EDT, and the ISM Services index for March at 10 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Tuesday finished with gains, led by health care stocks. The S&P 500 closed 0.52% higher at 1,570.25. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed up 0.61% to 14,662.01 while the Nasdaq finished ahead by 0.48% to 3,254.86.
4. -- Verizon Communications ( VZ) denied press speculation it is looking to partner with AT&T ( T) to buy Vodafone ( VOD), the U.K. cellphone company that owns 45% of Verizon Wireless. Verizon owns the other 55% of Verizon Wireless. Verizon did say, however, it was still interested in buying out Vodafone's stake in Verizon Wireless.
5. -- Pfizer ( PFE), Novartis ( NVS) and Abbott Laboratories ( ABT) are bidding for Brazil's Ache Laboratorios Farmaceuticos in an auction that may value the company at more than $5 billion, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
6. -- Tesla Motors ( TSLA) is making the Model S electric car available through a special financing program. Partnering with Wells Fargo ( WFC) and U.S. Bank ( USB), Tesla said it has created a new kind of financing product "that combines the surety and comfort of ownership with all the advantages of a traditional lease."
7. -- The next iPhone from Apple ( AAPL) could be launched this summer, according to The Wall Street Journal. Apple plans to begin producing a refreshed iPhone similar in size and shape to its current one within the next three months, the report said.
8. -- BP ( BP) said it will put its U.S. wind farm operation up for sale, focusing on its oil and gas projects instead of alternative energy investments.
10. -- ConAgra Foods ( CAG) is expected by analysts to post earnings of 56 cents a share in its fiscal third quarter on revenue of $3.87 billion.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.