- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 33.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for NORTHEAST BANCORP/ME is currently very high, coming in at 84.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.35% is above that of the industry average.
- NORTHEAST BANCORP/ME has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NORTHEAST BANCORP/ME reported lower earnings of $0.05 versus $3.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.71 versus $0.05).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NORTHEAST BANCORP/ME underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- NBN has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 20.51% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.