- An expanded addressable market. eBay Inc. is no longer just an e-commerce company, but a global commerce leader, Donahoe said. That means the company now has growth opportunities across the estimated $10 trillion commerce market.
- Mobile commerce leadership and innovation. eBay Inc.’s mobile innovation capabilities across all operating systems and devices are a competitive advantage, Donahoe said. In 2013, the company expects to generate $20 billion of mobile commerce and payments volume.
- A strong portfolio of technology assets and capabilities. The company’s core businesses and assets well position eBay to capitalize and win in the new commerce environment.
- Total company revenues are expected to reach $21.5 billion to $23.5 billion in 2015, up from $14.1 billion in 2012, led by continued innovation in the company’s core businesses and the company’s mobile commerce leadership.
- The company expects compound annual non-GAAP earnings per share growth of 15-19 percent from 2012 to 2015.
- Free cash flow is anticipated to be greater than $11 billion over the three-year period.
- Marketplaces is expected to achieve revenues of $10.5 billion to $11.5 billion in 2015, representing a 14% compound annual growth rate at the midpoint.
- PayPal is expected to achieve revenue growth of $9.5 billion to $10.5 billion in 2015, representing a 22% compound annual growth rate at the midpoint.
- GSI Commerce is expected to achieve revenue growth of $1.5 billion to $1.7 billion in 2015, representing a 14% compound annual growth rate at the midpoint.
Forward-Looking StatementsThis press release contains forward-looking statements relating to, among other things, the future performance of eBay Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries that are based on the company’s current expectations, forecasts and assumptions and involve risks and uncertainties. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the company’s projected financial outlook for 2013-2015 and future growth in the Marketplaces, PayPal and GSI businesses, mobile commerce and mobile payments. The company's actual results could differ materially from those predicted or implied and reported results should not be considered as an indication of future performance. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to: changes in political, business and economic conditions, including any European or general economic downturn or crisis and any conditions that affect ecommerce growth; fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates; the company's ability to profitably integrate, manage and grow businesses that have been acquired recently or may be acquired in the future; the company's need to successfully react to the increasing importance of mobile payments and mobile commerce and the increasing social aspect of commerce; the company's ability to deal with the increasingly competitive ecommerce environment, including competition for its sellers from other trading sites and other means of selling, and competition for its buyers from other merchants, online and offline; the company's need to manage an increasingly large enterprise with a broad range of businesses of varying degrees of maturity and in many different geographies; the effect of management changes and business initiatives; the company's need and ability to manage other regulatory, tax and litigation risks as its services are offered in more jurisdictions and applicable laws become more restrictive; any changes the company may make to its product offerings; the competitive, regulatory, credit card association-related and other risks specific to PayPal and Bill Me Later, especially as PayPal continues to expand geographically and introduce new products and as new laws and regulations related to financial services companies come into effect; the company's ability to timely upgrade and develop its systems, infrastructure and customer service capabilities, including GSI's v.11 initiative, at reasonable cost; and the company's ability to maintain site stability and performance on all of its sites while adding new products and features in a timely fashion. The forward-looking statements in this release do not include the potential impact of any acquisitions or divestitures that may be announced and/or completed after the date hereof.
More information about factors that could affect the company's operating results is included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” in the company's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, copies of which may be obtained by visiting the company's Investor Relations website at http://investor.ebayinc.com or the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements in this release, which are based on information available to the company on the date hereof. eBay assumes no obligation to update such statements.