CHARLOTTE, Mich., March 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spartan Motors, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPAR) ("Spartan" or the "Company") announced its Supplier Performance And Review Committee (SPARC) recognized seven top-performing suppliers during the 11th Annual Supplier Conference held March 27, 2013 in Charlotte, Mich. Spartan Motors honored key partners which were instrumental in its growth in 2012. Spartan posted revenue of $471 million in 2012, an increase of 10.5% from 2011 revenue of $426 million. The Company also recorded its backlog at the end of 2012 increased 20% from the end of 2011. "Spartan Motors strives to provide high quality products on a consistent basis to our customers," said Drew Schramm, Senior Vice President of Supply Chain Management. "Spartan's suppliers play a critical role in ensuring our success as they consistently deliver exceptional products to enhance our product portfolio. We are thankful for these opportunities to collaborate and above all, value each member of our supplier network and the work they do each day." The suppliers honored consistently embody the values of Spartan Motors and maintain an unwavering commitment to quality, on-time delivery and excellent customer support. The companies which were recognized during the 2013 Supplier Conference exceeded the standards of excellence at Spartan Motors:
- Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Cummins Bridgeway, LLC (New Hudson, Mich.)
- Dana (Sterling, Ill.)
- F.B. Wright Company (Kentwood, Mich.)
- Precision Cable Assemblies, LLC (Brookfield, Wis.)
- Professional Metal Works (Haslett, Mich.)
- TriMark Corporation (New Hampton, Iowa)
-- Diversified Growth
- We will develop and sustain a product portfolio that will diversify our revenue stream to weather industry cycles.
- Spartan is a high-end, high-performance brand in each of its markets. Customers willingly pay more for our products because they place a high value on the solutions and experience we provide.
- We will match product innovation with more efficient manufacturing and sales activities. Spartan must generate an attractive profit that will support reinvestment in the company and earn a higher return for shareholders.
- To maintain our product leadership and creativity, we will maintain a corporate culture that fosters and rewards those qualities.
- Spartan and Utilimaster are two outstanding brands that serve our three core markets. We expect to be the first name customers think of for services, parts or a new vehicle by providing a superior solution to their needs or the experience they deserve.
CONTACT: Russell T. Chick Corporate Director of Marketing Spartan Motors, Inc. 517.997.3852