2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Thursday includes initial jobless claims at 8:30 a.m. EDT, the third estimate of fourth-quarter gross domestic product at 8:30 a.m., and Chicaho PMI for March at 9:45 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Wednesday closed near the flatline as U.S. housing demand outpaced supply and worries about Cyprus lost steam. The S&P 500 closed down 0.06% to 1,562.85, near its all-time high of 1,565 set in October 2007. The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 0.23% to 14,526.16 while the Nasdaq gained 0.12% to 3,256.52.
4. -- BlackBerry ( BBRY) reported a surprise fourth-quarter profit and said it expects to break even next quarter, as the smartphone maker continues to cut costs and implement its turnaround strategy. TheStreet is live-blogging BlackBerry's results Thursday morning.
4. -- Red Hat ( RHT) missed Wall Street estimates for the fourth quarter. The open source software company posted adjusted earnings of 36 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $348 million, an increase of 17% year over year. Analysts were looking for earnings of 30 cents a share on revenue of $349.4 million. Red Hat Slammed as Revenue Falls Short
5. -- eBay ( EBAY) is scheduled to hold its annual analyst day on Thursday, with investors concerned over the company's long-term guidance.
6. -- Analysts expect Accenture ( ACN) on Thursday to post fiscal second-quarter earnings of 97 cents a share.
8. -- Blackstone ( BX) is open to keeping Dell ( DELL) founder Michael Dell as CEO of the PC maker if it wins a bidding war for the company, people familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal.
9. -- American Airlines ( AAMRQ.PK) won bankruptcy court approval on Wednesday to merge with US Airways ( LCC) to create the world's biggest airline.
10. -- The Miami Heat's winning streak is over. The Chicago Bulls beat the Heat on Wednesday, 01-97, ending Miami's streak at 27 games.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.