"Digital media is core to the lives and livelihoods of millions," said Matthew Dornquast, CEO of CrashPlan developer Code 42 Software. "The partnership with World Backup Day aligns perfectly with our mission to deliver easy and secure backup solutions for consumers and businesses alike."Key points about backing up data from WorldBackupDay.com:
- Items to backup: Your computer, laptop, phone, iPod, tablet, other wireless devices, photos and videos on social networks.
- Common ways to lose data: Theft, hardware failure, natural disaster, alien invasion, obsolete file formats, you forgot where you put it (really, it has happened).
- Backup options: Backing up is easy. Once set up, your data should be backing up automatically. There are two main types of backup solutions:
- Local backup: An external hard drive that can be easily retrieved at home.
- Cloud/offsite backup: An online backup service or hard drive securely placed in a different location.
- Having both local and offsite backups gives you piece of mind knowing your files are safe and secure.