"We found that two of the things people rely on most at the office – their email, which was invented over 40 years ago, and their colleagues – are also two of the biggest impediments to real work," said John Rizzo, chief marketing officer for Jive Software. "The cost of the email distractions alone is over $2 billion per day when averaged across the entire American workforce. Clearly, the way we work today is not working. Companies need to change the way and the technology that enables work to get done to help people be more productive, collaborative, and ultimately contribute to top-line growth."According to data by a top-three global business consultancy*, companies using the Jive social business platform reported:
- A 21 percent reduction in email.
- A 16 percent reduction in meetings.
- 26 percent of the employees using Jive focused their work on more strategic priorities.
- A 34 percent reduction in time looking for information and expertise across the company.
- 61 percent of the employees felt connected to their colleagues in more productive and efficient ways.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Jason Khoury Jive Software (650) 319-1938 firstname.lastname@example.org