Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Ciena Corporation ( CIEN) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Ciena Corporation rose 33 cents (2.1%) to $16.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of Ciena Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.66-$16.12 after having opened the day at $15.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.76. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Sonus Networks ( SONS), up 7.1%, Net Element International ( NETE), up 7%, Ambient Corporation ( AMBT), up 7%, and Parametric Sound ( PAMT), up 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ciena Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.