REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
- Chicago Stock Exchange (CHX) has standardized on InformaticaUltra Messaging as its enterprise messaging backbone.Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent leader in dataintegration software, today announced that this is resulting inmore effective trading services for CHX.
- Informatica Ultra Messaging, part of the InformaticaPlatform, enables CHX to process equity orders and market datafeeds with sub-millisecond response times, enabling unimpededinformation flows and near instantaneous order execution.
- Informatica Ultra Messaging has also enabled CHX tosubstantially decrease its costs and eliminate single points offailure for more reliable service delivery.
- Prior to using Informatica, CHX used an internally-developedTransmission Control Protocol (TCP) messaging solution. However,CHX required more flexibility to use the proper network transportprotocol (TCP versus Multicast) for the application and to helpmeet ever escalating performance requirements. CHX also needed tofree up internal development resources and standardize on aplatform to meet next-generation needs.
- From a business perspective, Informatica Ultra Messaging ishelping CHX:
- Satisfy existing clients - In powering a moreeffective trading service, Informatica Ultra Messaging helps CHXsatisfy the expanding needs of existing clients, includingtraditional broker-dealers and the institutional investors theyrepresent.
- Improve disaster recovery - Informatica UltraMessaging enabled CHX to simplify market data and order deliveryconfigurations. Not only has this simplified the effort to open anew data center on the east coast, it is also extremely beneficialfor disaster recovery. For example, had CHX lost its east coastdata center during Hurricane Sandy, the company could have movedits east coast matching systems to Chicago simply by restartingthem in Chicago.
- From a technical perspective, Informatica Ultra Messagingenables CHX to:
Tweet this : Chicago Stock ExchangeTrades Up for Low Latency Messaging with @InformaticaCorp http://bit.ly/11liXwz #UltraMessaging Supporting Quotes
- Accelerate quote updates and trade execution -Informatica simplifies the IT environment and accelerates marketdata delivery and transactions via its broker-less approach andnetwork protocol flexibility to use TCP or Multicast.
- Strengthen its matching engine and order flow -Informatica ensures reliable order flow and consistent matchingprocessing by decreasing latency and "jitter."
- Simplify its architecture and reduce infrastructurecosts - Informatica reduces hardware and maintenance costs,increases stability and simplifies the technology infrastructure byeliminating network hops, message brokers and single points offailure.
- Reduce CPU utilization - Informatica dramaticallydecreases CPU utilization during peak transaction times freeingthis valuable resource for other applications and deferringexpensive hardware upgrades.
- "I am confident CHX is getting the lowest latency it couldpossibly achieve using Informatica Ultra Messaging," said BobGarrett, vice president, Application Development, Chicago StockExchange. "The out-of-the-box solution also means we're notspending millions of dollars a year developing software to domessaging, and can instead focus more on strategic initiativesversus infrastructure. Informatica Ultra Messaging is now the goldstandard for CHX's matching, order routing and market datasystems."
- "The explosion in message volumes across stock exchanges andother financial institutions is overwhelming traditional messagingsolutions and thus endangering competitiveness and businessgrowth," said Ash Kulkarni, senior vice president and generalmanager, Data Integration and Data Quality, Informatica. "Like CHX,more and more institutions are turning to Informatica to gain theultimate in messaging performance and resilience in order toattract and satisfy customers, reduce business risk and removeimpediments to growth."
- Success Story: Chicago Stock Exchange Competes in Key Equity Markets UsingInformatica Ultra Messaging
Notes: Informatica, PowerCenter, InformaticaPlatform and Informatica Ultra Messaging aretrademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation inthe United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. Allother company and product names may be trade names or trademarks oftheir respective owners.The opinions expressed herein are those of the quotedindividuals and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of ChicagoStock Exchange, Inc. or its affiliates.
CONTACT: Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com