Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Newmont Mining Corporation ( NEM) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Newmont Mining Corporation rose $1.07 (2.6%) to $41.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.3 million shares of Newmont Mining Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of seven million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.60-$41.84 after having opened the day at $40.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.38. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 20%, Denison Mines Corporation ( DNN), up 9.5%, McEwen Mining ( MUX), up 9.4%, and Kimber Resources ( KBX), up 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Newmont Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.