"We are humbled and proud to be recognized by these two exceptional organizations," said Alberto Perlman, Zumba® Fitness co-founder and CEO. "To be named a 'visionary' by the global industry leaders who make up IHRSA underscores the phenomenal health and charitable contributions that our Zumba® instructors are making around the world. And to be honored with the 'Leadership Award' from a heroic friend at Augie's Quest reinforces exactly why we created the Zumba® brand: to truly make a difference in our world."About Zumba® Fitness, LLCZumba ® Fitness is a global lifestyle brand that fuses fitness, entertainment and culture into an exhilarating dance-party workout. Coined "fitness-parties," Zumba classes blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, which provide effective, total-body workouts. Founded in 2001, the company is now the largest branded fitness program in the world -- reporting more than 14 million weekly class participants, in over 140,000 locations, across more than 185 countries. In addition to its original Zumba ® program, the company also offers a range of specialty classes, including Zumba Gold ® (for active older adults), Zumba ® Toning (body-sculpting class that uses maraca-like Toning Sticks), Aqua Zumba ® (the ultimate "pool party" workout), Zumbatomic ® (Zumba routines for kids), Zumba Sentao™ (chair-based Zumba class that strengthens, balances and stabilizes the core), and Zumba ® in the Circuit (a 30-minute workout that combines signature Zumba ® moves with circuit training at timed intervals). The Zumba ® fitness lifestyle is rounded out by the company's many consumer product offerings, including DVD sets, music collections, multi-seasonal apparel and footwear, video games, Fitness-Concert™ events and a lifestyle magazine. For more information about Zumba Fitness programs and products, or to find a live class, visit zumba.com and find us on Facebook and Twitter. A quick note about the ZUMBA ® trademarkZUMBA ® was coined by our company and is the brand name used to identify Zumba Fitness, LLC as the source of fun and effective fitness programs that combine easy-to-follow moves with invigorating world rhythms. When referring to our ZUMBA ® brand, we ask that you please help us protect the thousands of instructors worldwide who make their careers teaching ZUMBA ® classes by following these guidelines: Please DO:
- Capitalize the letter "Z" in our "Zumba" trademark or write with all capital letters, "ZUMBA";
- Use the trademark to describe our services or products, for example "the ZUMBA® fitness program," "Zumba® class," "ZUMBA instructor," "Zumba® moves" etc.
- Use the ® symbol on the right-hand shoulder of the word Zumba® (especially in headers and titles), and on first mention in paragraphs.
- Use Zumba as a verb--for example, do not write: "Once you Zumba, you'll be hooked."
- Use Zumba as a noun--for example, do not write: "They were doing Zumba" or "Zumba is great."
- Change the trademark--for example, do not write "Zumbamania" or "Zumbarina."