Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced Red Hat Summit 2013, the industry’s premier open source technology event. Now in its ninth year, Red Hat Summit expects to welcome thousands of attendees to the Hynes Convention Center in Boston from June 11-14, 2013, to connect to an ecosystem of innovation. This year’s agenda will feature Red Hat’s entire portfolio of open source solutions with open hybrid cloud taking center stage. The agenda and registration for Red Hat Summit 2013 are now live at www.redhat.com/summit. The world is more connected now than ever before. From smart phones to the cloud, technology enables people to communicate and do work with anyone, from anywhere, and advance innovation openly. As organizations embrace these changes, they also face another technological revolution – the move from hardware to software-based infrastructure. Red Hat Summit 2013 will explore how enterprises can “connect” to an ecosystem of innovation to support this shift in the IT landscape. At Red Hat Summit 2013, attendees can be inspired by industry leaders and real world stories from organizations who will share how they are driving growth and innovation with Red Hat solutions. Featuring more than 160 sessions, Red Hat Summit attendees can attend visionary keynotes, participate in interactive sessions, see live demos, meet Red Hat’s broad ecosystem of partners, collaborate with Red Hat engineers and community members, and build connections through networking opportunities. Red Hat Summit 2013 features four days of content focused on many of the technology industry’s hottest topics, including open hybrid cloud, big data, OpenStack, application development, and application and platform infrastructure. Sessions will showcase the latest open source developments in cloud computing, platform, virtualization, middleware, storage, and systems management technologies. New for 2013, Red Hat Summit will fully incorporate sessions on Red Hat JBoss Middleware, formerly hosted in the co-located JBoss World conference. Red Hat Summit attendees can also expect 25 percent more lab offerings than last year. Several pre-conference events are also scheduled, including Red Hat Connect Developer Exchange, JUDCon, CamelOne and Power Training. Red Hat Summit 2013 will also feature 12 new tracks, including:
- Business & IT strategy alignment - Attendees will learn how to align architecture and technology decisions for their specific business needs.
- Cloud readiness – Attendees will learn how to maintain control, security and compliance when moving to hybrid cloud operational models.
- Market perceptions and competition - Attendees will learn how Red Hat products stack up against proprietary offerings and fit within the broader industry landscape.
- The road ahead – Attendees will get a look at some of the future developments Red Hat expects and learn how to better plan for shifts in the IT landscape.
- Town hall – Will include panels of customers, engineers, partners and journalists.
Attendees who register before May 3 can take advantage of the Early Bird discount - $500 off on-site pricing. For more information, or to register for Red Hat Summit, visit www.redhat.com/summit.Supporting Quotes Paul Cormier, president, Products & Technologies, Red Hat ”Our ninth annual Red Hat Summit will be our largest event ever, and it’s truly become one of the industry’s ‘can’t miss’ technology events of the year. We’re looking forward to bringing customers, partners, and Red Hat executives and experts together to build connections and share the innovations that are driving the future of technology in the enterprise.” Addtional Resources
- View the Red Hat Summit agenda
- Register for Red Hat Summit 2013
- Follow @RedHatSummit or via the hashtag #RHSummit on Twitter
- Join Red Hat Summit on Facebook
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube