Thermo King celebrates a 75 year legacy of innovation at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS), held in Louisville, Ky., March 21-23, where the company will showcase the latest game-changing solutions that help fleet operators and owner operators comply with industry regulations while optimizing fuel efficiency. Thermo King, a manufacturer of transport temperature control systems for a variety of mobile applications and a brand of Ingersoll Rand, will feature several new innovative customer-driven systems and services at the show in the Thermo King booth, #18177, including the:
- TriPac Evolution auxiliary power unit (APU), which meets Tier IV Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) final regulations requirements while leveraging new patented technology to drive unit performance, efficiency and user productivity
- Truck T-80 Series truck temperature control unit, an EPA- and California Air Resources Board (CARB)-compliant addition to the industry leading T-Series truck range of solutions that reduces fuel and maintenance costs while providing industry leading reliability
- PrimAir air management solutions which optimize transport refrigeration unit (TRU) performance by providing even temperature distribution within the trailer
- The new CargoLink™ Wireless Fuel Sensor, which provides improved fuel level monitoring
The T-80 Series platform builds on the T-series design, which is the industry’s most reliable truck refrigeration solution, based on operating costs. The QuickTemp Control, which is standard on all models, except T-580R, is exclusive to Thermo King truck refrigeration units.Thermo King Precedent™ The Precedent is the new trailer temperature control platform, built from the ground up to deliver double-digit fuel savings, best-in-class performance and lower life cycle costs while providing regulatory compliance and peace of mind for refrigerated trailer fleets. The Precedent features a completely new platform for the trailer market designed to be fully compliant with the new EPA Tier IV final regulations. These units provide the industry’s most sustainable solutions and a complete range of options for any customer:
- The Precedent S-600 is a greater-than-25 horsepower single temperature unit which is considered Ultra-Low-Emission In-Use Performance Standard (ULETRU) by CARB.
- The Precedent C-600 is a less-than-25 horsepower single-temperature unit with an allowed useful life in California of seven years prior to modification of the unit to meet ULETRU in use standards
When used with Thermo King TracKing telematics, the CargoLink Wireless Fuel Sensor provides fast reporting on fuel loss events, even when the refrigeration unit is off. Because the system is wireless, it can be quickly installed. The sensor can be replaced or upgraded without removing the fuel tank. Future sensors are planned for the CargoLink platform.New Thermo King PrimAir™ Trailer Air Management Solutions – New Thermo King air management solutions optimize TRU performance by providing even temperature distribution within the trailer. PrimAir chutes feature industry-leading material strength to minimize damage during loading. Return air bulkheads (RABH) provide the highest efficiency of any one-piece RABH in the industry. New TracKing™ Preventative Maintenance Compliance Tool – Fleets can use a new preventative maintenance compliance tool on the Thermo King TracKing™ wireless asset management system to monitor refrigeration unit maintenance schedules. This solution allows fleets under the Thermo King Thermo Gard™ Assurance maintenance program to better manage fleet utilization and effectively expedite service to ensure maximum asset up-time. Thermo King History Thermo King founder, Joseph Numero, and chief engineer, Frederick Jones, patented the first successful mechanical refrigeration in 1939. They developed a refrigeration system for a customer’s truck that allowed refrigerated and frozen food to be confidently shipped over long distances for the first time. This pioneering mechanical refrigeration unit replaced blocks of ice previously used to cool semi-trailers, transforming the industry. Today, Thermo King is a global leader in transportation temperature control systems for mobile applications, including truck, trailer, bus, rail and marine. For more information on Thermo King historical achievements, visit http://www.thermoking.com/75years/.
|Mid-America Trucking Show details|
|When:||March 21-23, 2013|
|Where:||Booth 18177, Kentucky Expo Center|
About Ingersoll RandIngersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) advances the quality of life by creating and sustaining safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King® and Trane® —work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings, transport and protect food and perishables, secure homes and commercial properties, and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. Thermo King manufactures transport temperature control systems for a variety of mobile applications, including trailers, truck bodies, buses, shipboard containers and railway cars. Ingersoll Rand is a $14 billion global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit ingersollrand.com or thermoking.com.