BEIJING (China Content Broadcasting Network Exhibition – Hall: 3; Booth # 3403), March 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, announced today the EN71xy family of set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions. The new high-performance products are designed for DTAs (digital terminal adapter), cable and terrestrial zappers and IP-Clients. The EN71xy family offers existing Entropic customers the ability to leverage current software to develop lower-cost STB solutions. Entropic is demonstrating the power and performance of the new EN71xy family this week at the China Content Broadcasting Network (CCBN) exhibition – Hall 3, Booth #3403 – which takes place in Beijing. The EN71xy family extends industry ecosystem compliance by leveraging the industry-standard ARM® architecture, and offers an increased focus on security to meet operator demands while meeting stringent bill of material (BOM) cost requirements. "Entropic continues to bring advanced and affordable next-generation STB SoC solutions to market. The EN71xy product-line uses the strengths of the ARM architecture to meet the demand for low-power, high-performance STB technology," said Nandan Nayampally, vice president, Application Systems Marketing, ARM. "We are pleased that our partnership with Entropic is driving success for operators and retailers and is enabling compelling new STB experiences for consumers." Specifically, the EN71xy family provides the following advantages:
- Unprecedented price/performance by leveraging:
- An ARM Cortex™-A9 processor, with operation up to 1GHz;
- "LP" process node for low power consumption;
- Software compatibility with Entropic's STB SoCs including the standard-setting EN75xx-family; and
- Advanced security solution suites from Conditional Access vendors.
- Full suite of development tools including:
"The EN71xy family is an industry-compliant, high-performance, high-value STB SoC with advanced security capabilities to meet key market and operator demands," said Roger Gregory, vice president, Set-top Box Group, Entropic. "Our EN71xy family extends OEM value as it caters to the development of cost-effective STB solutions across multiple categories including digital terminal adapters, entry level cable and terrestrial HD zappers, and new cost-effective IP-Client devices."
- Software development kit (SDK), which is compatible across the full STB SoC family; and
- Comprehensive industrial reference designs.
AvailabilityThe EN71xy family includes the:
- EN7100 and EN7120 for HD-DTA solutions;
- EN7158 for the cable HD zapper solutions; and
- EN7160 and EN7190 for IP-Client solutions.
Copyright © 2013 Entropic. All rights reserved. All other product or company names mentioned are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Investor Contact: Debra Hart +1 858.768.3852 email@example.com Media/Industry Analyst Contact: Chris Fallon + 1 858.768.3827 firstname.lastname@example.org