"Coship is one of the top STB suppliers in the world, and their adoption of our c.LINK EoC further validates the power and performance of Entropic's EoC solution," said Al Servati, vice president, Marketing, Connectivity Group, Entropic. "As the market in China moves toward delivering more HD video and advanced services as part of China's NGB initiative for the cable market, we are proud to enable Coship's STBs to provide an unparalleled two-way interactivity using existing Coax network."Entropic's c.LINK 1.1 EoC solution is based on the EN3511 Network Controller (NC) and the EN3530 Client Premise Equipment (CPE). Key technical features include:
- Reliability – based on the field proven MoCA® (Multimedia over Coax) 1.1 chipset technology, for which Entropic has already shipped more than 50-million MoCA 1.0/1.1 chipsets;
- Lower Total Systems Cost – achieved through its highly integrated 65nm single-chip SoC and optimized bill of materials (BOM) costs;
- Increased Performance – providing more than 270 Mbps of raw data bandwidth and more than 175 Mbps of application throughput;
- Backward Compatibility – to the currently deployed system (EN3011/EN3230) in the field offering a seamless upgrade path; and
- Support for Quality of Service (QoS) Performance Attributes – with high immunity to electrical interference and stringent low latency time-division-multiplexing protocol (TDM).