Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) tomorrow will celebrate the official opening of its newest Well Experience flagship store, located in Washington, D.C. at 7th Street and H Street, NW. The store, which opens at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 21, showcases a unique pharmacy format that provides comprehensive care such as health tests and immunizations, as well as health and daily living offerings like fresh food and an enhanced beauty department.
Walgreens beauty section at the DC flagship store (Photo: Business Wire)“Every day, more than 6 million customers and patients visit us for convenient access to innovative products, as well as health and wellness services to help them get, stay and live well,” said Mark Wagner, Walgreens president of operations and community management. “Together, our offerings demonstrate how Walgreens is transforming daily living, pharmacy and health care experiences nationwide.” The store’s expanded features include:
- An enhanced, state-of-the-art pharmacy designed to encourage greater interaction between pharmacists and patients. An iPad equipped health guide will help pharmacy customers navigate a wide range of health and wellness products, services and resources including immunizations and health tests. The pharmacy also features an “Ask Your Pharmacist” desk, consultation rooms and Express Rx kiosks for swift checkout.
- A Take Care Clinic offering a wide range of health care services including vaccinations, health tests, physicals and treatments for common illnesses and minor injuries.
- Aligned with the store opening, Walgreens and Bausch + Lomb recently announced a new SightSense™ online and in-store patient education program – an initiative to heighten eye health awareness and encourage consumers to take proactive steps to protect and preserve their sight. The program features a special eye health section on Walgreens.com that provides tools, information and resources to help consumers become informed and proactive in their eye health. The website also provides an eye care professional locator for consumers to find an eye doctor near them, as well as a list of upcoming in-store events.
- A LOOK Boutique beauty department featuring dozens of prestige and niche cosmetic, skincare and hair care brands not typically found in drugstores. As part of it, Britain’s leading skincare brand, No7, created by Boots, will be available. No7 is well known for its internationally acclaimed range of anti-aging beauty serums, all independently scientifically tested. Specially-trained beauty advisors are on hand to offer guidance finding the best solutions for individual needs. A Nail Bar will offer professional manicures with the latest colors from essie and OPI. Expert shaping and grooming services will be available at the Eyebrow Bar.
- Hundreds of fresh food items including produce and high-quality, on-the-go meal options such as wraps, sandwiches and salads made fresh daily.
- A Coca-Cola Freestyle machine dispensing 130 varieties of Coca Cola fountain drinks.
- Customers can also enjoy several flavors of self-serve frozen yogurt accompanied by an enticing toppings bar.
- An Upmarket Café offering a barista preparing fresh brewed premium coffee and espressos.
- A juice and smoothie bar featuring fresh fruits and vegetables included in distinct recipes.
About WalgreensAs the nation's largest drugstore chain with fiscal 2012 sales of $72 billion, Walgreens ( www.walgreens.com) vision is to become America’s first choice for health and daily living. Each day, Walgreens provides more than 6 million customers the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice in communities across America. Walgreens scope of pharmacy services includes retail, specialty, infusion, medical facility and mail service, along with respiratory services. These services improve health outcomes and lower costs for payers including employers, managed care organizations, health systems, pharmacy benefit managers and the public sector. The company operates 8,071 drugstores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Take Care Health Systems is a Walgreens subsidiary that is the largest and most comprehensive manager of worksite health and wellness centers and in-store convenient care clinics, with more than 700 locations throughout the country.