Covidien plc (NYSE: COV) announced the results from today’s Annual General Meeting. Eight proposals were on the meeting agenda:
- Election of Directors
- Appointment of Independent Auditors
- An advisory vote to approve the Company’s executive compensation
- Approval of the amended and restated Covidien Stock and Incentive Plan
- Authorization of the Company and/or any subsidiary to make market purchases of Company shares
- Authorization of the reissue price range of treasury shares
- Amendment of the Company’s Articles of Association to expand the authority to execute instruments of transfer, and
- An advisory vote on the creation of distributable reserves for Mallinckrodt plc.
About CovidienCovidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence. Covidien manufactures, distributes and services a diverse range of industry-leading product lines in three segments: Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Supplies. With 2012 revenue of $11.9 billion, Covidien has 43,000 employees worldwide in 70 countries, and its products are sold in over 140 countries. Please visit www.covidien.com to learn more about our business.