Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Bank of America Corporation ( BAC) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Bank of America Corporation rose 15 cents (1.2%) to $12.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 240.5 million shares of Bank of America Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 166.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.59-$12.94 after having opened the day at $12.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.56. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Broadway Financial ( BYFC), up 13.3%, OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), up 8.3%, Hamilton Bancorp ( HBK), up 8.1%, and Sussex Bancorp ( SBBX), up 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Bank of America Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.