WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., March 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Primo Water Corporation (Nasdaq:PRMW), a leading provider of multi-gallon purified bottled water, self-serve filtered drinking water and water dispensers, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2012. Business Highlights:
- Total sales for the year increased 10.1% to $91.5 million compared to the prior year and were consistent at $20.9 million for Q4 compared to the prior year.
- Water segment sales for the year increased 6.8% to $62.7 million compared to the prior year and increased 8.2% to $15.0 million for Q4 compared to the prior year.
- Total adjusted EBITDA for the year increased 84.5% to $5.5 million for fiscal 2012 compared to $3.0 million for 2011 and increased to $1.1 million compared to $(0.8) million in Q4 of the prior year.
- Water segment operating income increased 17.5% to $15.9 million for the full year and increased 36.2% to $3.6 million for Q4 compared to the prior year.
- Water dispenser unit sell-thru to consumers increased 36.4% to 398,619 units for the full year and increased 27.9% to 91,870 units in Q4 of 2012 compared to Q4 of the prior year.
- As of December 31, 2012, 24,500 total locations offered water and/or dispensers, a 4% increase in locations compared to December 31, 2011.