Significantly, with Edit Flow, multiple edits formats can all live together on Aframe, enabling genuine support for native camera rushes, high shoot ratios and multiple format projects. Aframe’s timecode extraction, metadata handling and export capabilities are features typically found in traditional on-premises media asset management solutions for many multiples the price.“With Edit Flow, Aframe completes the postproduction collaborative circle, and becomes a great tool in enabling the direction of a story resulting in more streamlined and efficient productions,” said Michael Phillips, CTO of Cineworks Digital Studios, Inc. and co-inventor of the Avid Film Composer who beta tested the new Edit Flow features. “Now, when producers, directors and team members assemble rough cuts and comment about footage they compile in Aframe, their selects and remarks transfer directly to the editor in his or her NLE. It’s like the idea that many hands make light work. Aframe creates huge efficiencies during the creative editorial process by enabling entire teams of collaborators to simultaneously compile and comment on the collection of shots they want for the program, freeing the editor to focus on the magic of making the shots work together to tell the story rather than hunting for selects.” Other Major Enhancements in Aframe 2.0:
- Capabilities for even faster mass downloads – an estimated 15X faster – saving time on the ingest when in the field or on location
- a greatly streamlined UI that lets users instantly see what they need and jump straight to work, with Aframe’s hallmark simplicity and social media-like look and feel.
- an API library that allows third-party solutions to connect more readily into the Aframe platform.
- Support for Panasonic’s AVC proxy workflow , allowing Panasonic users to streamline P2, AVCCAM and all file-based workflows for added efficiency and creative freedom. Users of Panasonic’s latest camera codec can transmit camera-generated proxies directly into Aframe, work on them, and relink with the full resolution media later in the edit suite
- As P2 expands to AVC-Ultra, specifically AVC LongG and AVC Proxy, Aframe also provides an ideal platform to utilize both full resolution and smaller file sizes .
“Creativity is hard enough to achieve for clients and for far too long, video professionals have had to put up with all kinds of workarounds forced on them by technology,” said David Peto, CEO of Aframe. “By removing the storing, sharing and delivery frustrations of video production, Aframe 2.0 makes people more productive by solving the common video problems - from the first production meeting all the way through to the final edit. For companies serious about video, Aframe's cloud video technology powers people to deliver.”About Aframe Aframe is a web-based service designed to liberate the video industry by providing a shared, secure space for production companies, broadcasters, marketing agencies, corporate marketing departments, and any business or individual working with the moving image. Using Aframe, producers can plan, create content, collaborate, store, edit, distribute and make footage searchable. Aframe aims to take the blood, sweat and tears out of content creation, without needing equipment or full-time staff, and only requiring an internet connection. For more information about Aframe visit aframe.com.