JACKSONVILLE, Fla., March 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ParkerVision, Inc. (Nasdaq:PRKR), a developer and marketer of semiconductor technology solutions for wireless applications, reported results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2012. 2012 Business Highlights and Recent Developments
- The recent Markman order, or claim construction ruling, in ParkerVision's patent infringement litigation against Qualcomm resulted in the adoption by the court of more than 90% of ParkerVision's proposed terms.
- All of Qualcomm's counterclaims of patent unenforceability due to alleged inequitable conduct have been dismissed by the court and/or dropped by Qualcomm.
- Entered into development agreement with baseband partner for the delivery and on-going support of interfaces between ParkerVision RF chips and CDMA baseband processors needed to support the adoption of ParkerVision RF chipsets into OEM's mobile handset products.
- Engaged intellectual property firms to assist ParkerVision in evaluating the current and future use of its patented technology in a variety of products and industries and in assisting the company with the exploration of additional business opportunities.
- Awarded twenty-three new patents and filed 27 new applications in 2012. As of December 31, 2012, the Company held 211 U.S. and foreign patents.