ORLANDO, Fla., March 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SMART Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq:SMT) (TSX:SMA), a leading provider of collaboration solutions, announces the SMART Room System for Microsoft Lync unveiled today at Enterprise Connect. SMART worked directly with Microsoft to develop the turnkey solution for meeting rooms that simplifies the collaboration experience for both virtual and face-to-face participants and provides seamless online collaboration through sharing of real-time video, voice and data.
- An ultra-wide-angle, high definition camera with a 109° field of view enables remote participants to see the entire room without the need for pan/tilt/zoom functionality. Created by SMART, the camera offers the widest field of view of any high definition video conferencing camera.
- SMART's echo-cancelling microphone and speakers provide crystal-clear 3D audio. Up to four SMART microphones can be daisy-chained together to support a wide variety of meeting room size and configurations.
- A custom-designed codec is housed within the display enabling native connectivity to Microsoft Lync. Simply install and configure the SMART Room System and connect to Microsoft Lync. No additional hardware or software required.
- An optional customized wall stand and cable routing system simplifies installation and eliminates the need for wall reinforcement.
- The largest interactive display option – 84" (213.36cm) – ideal for viewing highly detailed content and provides an unparalleled collaboration space.
- With the largest array of interactive display options – 1 x 70" (177.8 cm), 1 x 84" (213.36cm) or 2 x 70" (178.6 cm) – the SMART Room System accommodates room sizes ranging from 100 ft 2 to 300 ft 2 for 2 to 16 participants.
- SMART has optimized the desktop control module with an extra-large 11.6" (29.5cm) screen that provides users the ability to easily control meeting content and perform actions such as changing the screen layout, displaying data and visuals and emailing notes at the end of the session. Specialized cabling optimizes touch performance and provides a faster response time.