ORLANDO, Fla., March 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SMART Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq:SMT) (TSX:SMA), a leading provider of collaboration solutions, announces the SMART Room System for Microsoft Lync unveiled today at Enterprise Connect. SMART worked directly with Microsoft to develop the turnkey solution for meeting rooms that simplifies the collaboration experience for both virtual and face-to-face participants and provides seamless online collaboration through sharing of real-time video, voice and data.
- An ultra-wide-angle, high definition camera with a 109° field of view enables remote participants to see the entire room without the need for pan/tilt/zoom functionality. Created by SMART, the camera offers the widest field of view of any high definition video conferencing camera.
- SMART's echo-cancelling microphone and speakers provide crystal-clear 3D audio. Up to four SMART microphones can be daisy-chained together to support a wide variety of meeting room size and configurations.
- A custom-designed codec is housed within the display enabling native connectivity to Microsoft Lync. Simply install and configure the SMART Room System and connect to Microsoft Lync. No additional hardware or software required.
- An optional customized wall stand and cable routing system simplifies installation and eliminates the need for wall reinforcement.
- The largest interactive display option – 84" (213.36cm) – ideal for viewing highly detailed content and provides an unparalleled collaboration space.
- With the largest array of interactive display options – 1 x 70" (177.8 cm), 1 x 84" (213.36cm) or 2 x 70" (178.6 cm) – the SMART Room System accommodates room sizes ranging from 100 ft 2 to 300 ft 2 for 2 to 16 participants.
- SMART has optimized the desktop control module with an extra-large 11.6" (29.5cm) screen that provides users the ability to easily control meeting content and perform actions such as changing the screen layout, displaying data and visuals and emailing notes at the end of the session. Specialized cabling optimizes touch performance and provides a faster response time.
SMART Board interactive displays utilize SMART's proprietary touch and camera technology, which enables participants to switch seamlessly between writing with a pen and erasing with the palm of their hand. Collaboration is intuitive and the system makes it easy to capture and email meeting notes to all participants as soon as the session has ended. For more information on the SMART Room System for Microsoft Lync, visit smarttech.com/SMARTRoom.For more information, watch this video and view these images of the SMART Room System for Microsoft Lync. "The SMART Room System combines SMART's industry-leading visual collaboration solutions with Microsoft Lync, to provide customers the advantage and choice that meets their specialized communication and collaboration needs to help increase productivity, efficiency and organizational flexibility," says Giovanni Mezgec, General Manager for Lync Product Marketing at Microsoft. "SMART is committed to working with innovative companies to meet the needs of business customers and ensure meetings are intuitive, productive and collaborative," says Patrick Lelorieux, President, Enterprise, SMART Technologies. "The SMART Room System for Microsoft Lync enables customers to participate in active, collaborative work sessions from almost anywhere – and this is what businesses around the world are looking for." Pricing and availability The SMART Room System for Microsoft Lync is expected to begin shipping globally in summer 2013 and will be available in three sizes. Each system includes one or more SMART Board interactive displays, and custom-designed, integrated components comprised of a codec, camera, speakers, a room control console and a microphone. In the United States, the suggested list prices are: US$19,999 for the small version, US$24,999 for the medium version and US$29,999 for the large version. Prices outside the United States vary by country and may include applicable taxes, duties and import costs. For purchasing information, specifications and a list of authorized SMART resellers, visit smarttech.com. About SMART Technologies SMART Technologies Inc. is a leading provider of technology solutions that enable inspired collaboration in schools and workplaces around the world by turning group work into a highly interactive, engaging and productive experience. SMART delivers integrated solutions of hardware, software and services designed for superior performance and ease of use, and remains a world leader in interactive displays. The SMART Technologies logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7573 Reader's advisory Certain information contained in this press release may constitute forward-looking information or statements. By their very nature, forward-looking information and statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties, both general and specific, and risks that predictions, forecasts, projections and other forward-looking information and statements will not be achieved. We caution readers not to place undue reliance on these statements as a number of important factors could cause the actual results to vary materially from the forward-looking information or statements. We do not assume responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the forward-looking information or statements. Any forward-looking information and statements contained in this press release are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement. © 2013 SMART Technologies. SMART Board, smarttech and the SMART logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of SMART Technologies in the U.S. and other countries. All other third-party company names and products are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Please note that SMART is written in all capital letters.The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com , and via AP PhotoExpress.
CONTACT: Marina Geronazzo Senior Public Relations Manager SMART Technologies Inc. +1.403.407.5088 MarinaGeronazzo@smarttech.com smarttech.com