MetLife’s 11 th Annual Study of Employee Benefits Trends, released today, reveals that while only two out of five U.S. workers would strongly recommend their employer as a “great place to work,” those who do are three times more likely to be satisfied with their benefits. Other notable findings include:
- Three out of five employees who would strongly recommend their employer report benefits are an important reason why they remain with the company.
- More than half (51%) of employees report they are willing to bear more of their benefits costs in order to have a choice of products that meet their needs.
- 58% of employers say providing voluntary benefits is a significant benefits strategy – up significantly in 2012 from 32 percent in 2010.
- Improving communications around benefits: While 52% of employers believe their communications are very easy to understand, only 43% of employees agree. More than one-third of employees grade their company’s benefits communications a “C” or below.
- Creating a benefits shopping experience that consumers find familiar: Seventy-five percent of employers who offer online enrollment and are satisfied with employee participation rates report a buying experience that compares favorably with the best online consumer shopping experiences.
About GfKGfK is one of the world’s largest research companies, with more than 11,500 experts working to discover new insights into the way people live, think and shop, in over 100 markets, every day. GfK is constantly innovating and using the latest technologies and the smartest methodologies to give its clients the clearest understanding of the most important people in the world: their customers. To find out more, visit www.gfk.com/us or follow GfK on Twitter: www.twitter.com/gfk_en. About MetLife Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife) is a subsidiary of MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, serving 90 million customers in over 50 countries. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, MetLife holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.