- More than 12 million mobile deposit users have made it a "must have" for financial institutions
- Major bank reports saving $3.88 with each mobile check deposit over a teller deposit
- Mitek estimates Mobile Deposit has saved banks more than $100 million in transaction costs
- Fifteen percent of all smartphone and tablet owners have already adopted mobile remote deposit capture, according to AlixPartners. 3
- Also according to AlixPartners, Mobile Deposit continues to be the number one mobile feature sought by all smartphone and tablet owners who would switch banks for mobile banking. 4
- Mobile Deposit is projected to expand to 30 percent of smartphone users by 2016 according to the Aite Group, meaning approximately 1 out of 3 consumers is expected to make deposits using their smartphones. 5
- Javelin Strategy & Research found that banks are racing to release Mobile Deposit because the shift in customer perception has made the technology an expected capability. 6
- The percentage of the largest financial institutions offering mobile RDC has almost tripled in the past two years, states Javelin Strategy & Research, with 64 percent of the top 25 retail banks offering Mobile Deposit in 2013, up from 48 percent in 2012 and 22 percent in 2011. 7
- The number of U.S. mobile banking users will double in the next five years and reach 108 million by 2017, accounting for 46 percent of U.S. bank account holders says Forrester Research. 8
- Mitek, James B. DeBello, president and CEO: "Since Mobile Deposit's invention in 2007, all of the top banks in the country, and many smaller banks and credit unions have come to depend on Mitek's Mobile Deposit as the cornerstone of their mobile strategy. Mobile Deposit is a runaway-hit with consumers and banks, and adoption rates continue to accelerate. We are committed to helping banks develop mobile imaging strategies that build on the success of Mobile Deposit."
- AlixPartners, Bob Hedges, managing director in the Financial Services Practice: "There is no other banking service that has as much consumer demand as Mobile Deposit, which has led to rapid and widespread adoption of the technology by financial services providers of all sizes. While its been a competitive differentiator for the first-moving banks, today banks and credit unions across the country are jumping on board because they realize that it has become 'table stakes' for consumers – and also delivers productivity gains."
- Conestoga Bank , Lori Adamski, executive vice president and chief operating officer: "Mobile Deposit can be credited with helping grow our overall customer base, as we saw a 10 percent increase in account openings in the first 13 months following its introduction. Now three years later, this service has proven to be a true differentiator and an integral part of our customer acquisition strategy."
- Chase customers use QuickDeposit to deposit checks from anywhere, including the zoo
- Newlyweds can't wait to deposit checks into their account
- Mobile banking from U.S. Bank helps a customer check an item off the "honey-do" list while brushing his teeth
See us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/miteksystemsRead our latest blog post: http://www.miteksystems.com/blog 1 Mobile Banking Forecast: Smartphone and Tablet Use in the United States, Aite Group, December 2012 2 Investor Day: Consumer & Community Banking, JP Morgan Chase & Co, February 2013 3 Q4 2012 Mobile Tracking Study, AlixPartners, March 2013 4 Q4 2012 Mobile Tracking Study, AlixPartners, March 2013 5 Mobile Banking Forecast: Smartphone and Tablet Use in the United States, Aite Group, December 2012 6 Mobile Imaging: Going beyond Mobile Remote Deposit Capture To Bridge the Consumer Transaction Gap, Javelin Strategy & Research, February 2013 7 Mobile Imaging: Going beyond Mobile Remote Deposit Capture To Bridge the Consumer Transaction Gap, Javelin Strategy & Research, February 2013 8 2012 US Mobile Banking Functionality Rankings, Forrester Research, Inc., April 2012
CONTACT: Mitek Contacts: Ann Reichert Director of Marketing email@example.com Sarah Schulz MIX Public Relations firstname.lastname@example.org