- The Future in Satellite Internet Connectivity Will be Showcased Along With Major Advancements in Land and Air SOTM Applications - PETAH TIKVA, Israel, March 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq:GILT), a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, solutions and services, announced today it will showcase its newest solutions for internet connectivity as well as key advancements in land and air SOTM (satellite-on-the-move) applications at the Satellite 2013 show, taking place March 18 - March 21, 2013 in Washington, DC. These solutions are designed to benefit communication professionals and end users both in developed and emerging markets. Gilat's Satellite 2013 highlights will include:
- The 'New Simple' in Internet Connectivity, Gilat's new SkyEdge II-c system offers ISPs and VNO's the business edge they are looking for in today's competitive world. The compact, fully integrated, easy to install system allows them to start small and expand as demand grows while delivering the business flexibility they need to provide customized and competitive Internet connectivity services.
- A breakthrough solution in content contribution and distribution for broadcasters, Spacenet's Dual-Access platform combines the flexibility, control and efficiency of TDMA with the sheer speed of SCPC. This 'make-or-break' advantage for today's broadcasters will be demonstrated live at the show.
- Selected by Honeywell for their airborne antenna systems to provide in-flight connectivity to the Inmarsat Global Xpress (GX) network, Gilat's Wavestream amplifiers and transceivers set the highest standards for performance, efficiency and power. Among the Wavestream products we will be featuring are the Aerostream Transceiver and the Matchbox Mini Block Upconverter (BUC).
- Gilat's new UAV terminal addresses the defense and military market's critical need to exploit the full capabilities of the aircraft's operational range. As one of the industry's smallest and most compact aerial solutions in its category, the Gilat integrated approach can dramatically increase mission effectiveness.
- The EagleRay 7000 is part of Gilat's RaySat series of low-profile, in-motion, two-way antennas for mobile communications-on-the-move (COTM). Compact, aerodynamic and vehicle-mounted, the new EagleRay 7000 is a step ahead of other antennas in its category in delivering mission-critical data, voice and video for secure, real-time information flow at speeds exceeding 10 Mbps on standard satellites. The antenna can be operated virtually anywhere in the world.
With over 25 years of experience, and over a million products shipped to more than 85 countries, Gilat has provided enterprises, service providers and operators with efficient and reliable satellite-based connectivity solutions, including cellular backhaul, banking, retail, e-government and rural communication networks. Gilat also enables leading defense, public security and news organizations to implement advanced, on-the-move tactical communications on board their land, air and sea fleets using Gilat's high-performance SOTM solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.gilat.comThe Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=5848 Certain statements made herein that are not historical are forward-looking within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words "estimate", "project", "intend", "expect", "believe" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Gilat to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including, among others, changes in general economic and business conditions, inability to maintain market acceptance to Gilat's products, inability to timely develop and introduce new technologies, products and applications, rapid changes in the market for Gilat's products, loss of market share and pressure on prices resulting from competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, inability to manage growth and expansion, loss of key OEM partners, inability to attract and retain qualified personnel, inability to protect the Company's proprietary technology and risks associated with Gilat's international operations and its location in Israel. For additional information regarding these and other risks and uncertainties associated with Gilat's business, reference is made to Gilat's reports filed from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
CONTACT: David Leichner Gilat Satellite Networks, LTD. +1 516 478 9697 firstname.lastname@example.org