Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Valspar Corporation ( VAL) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Valspar Corporation rose 94 cents (1.5%) to $63.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 439,478 shares of Valspar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 562,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.10-$64.14 after having opened the day at $63.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.03. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: REX American Resources ( REX), up 5.3%, Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 4.3%, Penford Corporation ( PENX), up 3.1%, and Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), up 3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Valspar Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.