Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. General Dynamics ( GD) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, General Dynamics rose $1.34 (1.9%) to $70.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of General Dynamics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.88-$70.18 after having opened the day at $68.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.77. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Alliant Techsystems ( ATK), up 3.4%, Huntington Ingalls Industries ( HII), up 2.9%, Sifco Industries ( SIF), up 2.8%, and TransDigm Group ( TDG), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Dynamics Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.