Today, Westin Hotels & Resorts announces the global roll out of Tangent™ (formerly known as Project Hive), an innovative workspace concept that meets the changing needs of today’s mobile business traveler. The new flexible workspace reinvents the small meetings model and has proven highly successful – receiving rave reviews and high usage from both guests and neighboring businesses in pilot hotel locations. Tangent is currently available at The Westin Boston Waterfront, The Westin Arlington Gateway Hotel and made its debut at The Westin Grand Munich this month. The offering will continue to roll out to more than 40 hotels worldwide this year including The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali and The Westin Copley Place, Boston.
The brand’s signature new workspace features:
- media:scape by Steelcase technology that offers an interactive space for participants to access and share digital information quickly and seamlessly. Video conferencing is also available at a four person seated workspace.
- Televisions, printers, sound systems, Xbox 360® for games or DVDs.
- Floor-to-ceiling white boards and fully stocked office supplies offer convenience and promote collaboration.
- Wired and wireless internet for no additional fee. Flexible outlets are also located throughout the space allowing devices to power up regardless of location.
- Privacy for groups of up to four to conduct small group meetings or hold calls and teleconferences.