- According to Gartner the total public cloud services market size in 2011 was $91.4 billion and is forecast to grow to $206.6 billion in 2016. High growth rates will occur in emerging markets, including the top three growth countries of India, Indonesia and China 1. With the new point-of-presence in Equinix’s IBX data center in Hong Kong, Elastichosts can capitalize on the growing demand for cost-effective, scalable cloud services in the region.
- Elastichosts provides on-demand, scalable Cloud Servers, offering its customers flexibility while ensuring a high level of availability and performance. Its target customers include small-to-medium retail businesses such as Web application developers and start-ups, as well as systems integrators and mid-to-large resellers of cloud products.
- Performance is everything in the cloud services business. By housing its infrastructure in Equinix’s secure and network-dense IBX data center, Elastichosts can directly interconnect with every major network to reduce latency and offer greater redundancy and faster connection speeds to its customers. Equinix provides a specialized ecosystem for direct connection to over 4,000 partners and customers including over 900 network providers.
- Platform Equinix™ in Hong Kong also provides Elastichosts with the ideal vehicle to grow its foothold in the region. The broad reach of ecosystems available with Platform Equinix gives Elastichosts access to a large marketplace of potential customers for revenue generating opportunities. Equinix’s existing customers will also be able to connect their IT infrastructure directly to Elastichost’s cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Server provider will also leverage Equinix’s global footprint to enter other markets in Asia.
- Richard Davies , CEO, Elastichosts:
- Eric Hui , director of Cloud, IT and Enterprise, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
About EquinixEquinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com. Keyword Tags Equinix, data center, IBX, Hong Kong, Elastichosts, cloud, interconnection, ecosystem, marketplace Forward Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release. Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc. 1 Gartner: ‘Forecast Overview: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, 2011-2016, 2Q12 Update’.