Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Cheniere Energy ( LNG) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Cheniere Energy rose 89 cents (3.9%) to $23.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of Cheniere Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.50-$23.63 after having opened the day at $22.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.69. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: BMB Munai ( BMBM), up 32.2%, Oxford Resource Partners ( OXF), up 16.7%, L & L Energy ( LLEN), up 13.4%, and Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), up 13.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cheniere Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.