ALISO VIEJO, Calif., March 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC), the market share leader in Fibre Channel adapters, today announced that its 2600 Series 16Gb Fibre Channel adapters are now available through the EMC® Select program for a broad range of EMC storage platforms. EMC customers can now implement QLogic's award-winning 16Gb Fibre Channel technology for high performance storage environments. The EMC version of the QLogic® 2600 Series adapter is listed on the EMC Support Matrix (ESM) and qualified through the EMC E-Lab™ with EMC VMAX®, VNX® and VPLEX® storage arrays. The adapter is pre-configured and designed for easy and quick implementation within these EMC storage environments. "For well over a decade QLogic has provided high-performance Fibre Channel solutions for EMC and its customers," said Amit Vashi, vice president of marketing, Host Solutions Group, QLogic. "QLogic 2600 Series adapters allow customers to accelerate performance of bandwidth-hungry enterprise applications such as video streaming, databases, backup and online transaction processing. Fully compatible with 8Gb and 4Gb products, QLogic 16Gb Fibre Channel solutions protect organizations' IT investments." "Today's bandwidth-intensive environments require higher levels of service while keeping costs and power usage down," said Deirdre Wassell, director of solutions marketing, EMC. "The increased I/O and bandwidth of 16Gb Fibre Channel will result in improved application performance for more Exchange mailboxes and virtual machines, as well as faster database processing and reduced backup times." QLogic 2600 Series 16Gb Fibre Channel adapters consist of several compelling attributes:
- The Ultimate in Performance: The QLogic 2600 Series handles three times the transactions (1.2 Million IOPs) and double the throughput (6000 MBps) of 8Gb Fibre Channel, dramatically increasing application performance and cutting backup times in half. QLogic 2600 Series adapters are optimized for performance in next-generation servers with support for the new PCIe 3.0 bus architecture.
- High Availability Architecture: QLogic's unique port-level isolation architecture adds an additional layer of reliability and security, and ensures that if one port should encounter issues, the second, isolated port will continue to function securely and without interruption. This enables the QLogic 2600 Series to offer secure, deterministically predictive and scalable dual-port performance.
- Optimized for Virtualization: The QLogic 2600 Series provides a scalable architecture for higher virtual machine (VM) deployment per server while still providing full offload capabilities with increased bandwidth allocation to each VM. QLogic 2600 Series adapters further enhance VM mobility by increasing availability to meet peak-demand workloads. The QLogic 2600 Series includes support for advanced features such as virtual Fibre Channel (vFC) in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and uniquely provides dynamic setting of fine-grained Quality of Service (QoS) on a per VM basis.
- Simplified Management: QLogic QConvergeConsole (QCC) provides a single pane of glass to remotely manage all Fibre Channel adapters and 10Gb Ethernet converged network adapters throughout the network. The QConvergeConsole is integrated in VMware vCenter. In addition to managing the QLogic adapters, it simplifies the physical and logical topology mapping of the entire virtual SAN.
- Leadership, Confidence and Trust: The underlying QLogic Fibre Channel stack is proven in more than 13 million ports shipped to enterprise data centers around the world.
- Pervasive Interoperability: QLogic solutions are tested and interoperable with more than 10,000 industry products. QLogic's networking stack includes pervasive support for the leading operating system (OS) platforms and hypervisors including Windows Server with Hyper-V, VMware ESX/ESXi, Red Hat and SUSE Linux (including KVM), Solaris and Citrix XenServer. The 2600 Series shares the same Fibre Channel stack with the millions of QLogic 8Gb and 4Gb Fibre Channel adapter ports already installed in enterprises around the globe.
QLogic —the Ultimate in PerformanceQLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC) is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance networking, including adapters, switches and ASICs. Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic products for their data, storage and server networking solutions. For more information, visit www.qlogic.com. Disclaimer – Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains statements relating to future results of the company (including certain beliefs and projections regarding business and market trends) that are "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or implied in the forward-looking statements. The company advises readers that these potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: unfavorable economic conditions; potential fluctuations in operating results; gross margins that may vary over time; the stock price of the company may be volatile; the company's dependence on the networking markets served; the ability to maintain and gain market or industry acceptance of the company's products; the company's dependence on a small number of customers; the company's ability to compete effectively with other companies; the complexity of the company's products; declining average unit sales prices of comparable products; the company's dependence on sole source and limited source suppliers; the company's dependence on relationships with certain third-party subcontractors and contract manufacturers; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; sales fluctuations arising from customer transitions to new products; seasonal fluctuations and uneven sales patterns in orders from customers; a reduction in sales efforts by current distributors; changes in the company's tax provisions or adverse outcomes resulting from examination of its income tax returns; international economic, currency, regulatory, political and other risks; facilities of the company and its suppliers and customers are located in areas subject to natural disasters; the ability to protect proprietary rights; the ability to satisfactorily resolve any infringement claims; uncertain benefits from strategic business combinations, acquisitions and divestitures; declines in the market value of the company's marketable securities; changes in and compliance with regulations; difficulties in transitioning to smaller geometry process technologies; the use of "open source" software in the company's products; and security system risks, data protection breaches and cyber-attacks. More detailed information on these and additional factors which could affect the company's operating and financial results are described in the company's Forms 10-K, 10-Q and other reports filed, or to be filed, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company urges all interested parties to read these reports to gain a better understanding of the business and other risks that the company faces. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made only as of the date hereof, and the company does not intend to update or revise these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. QLogic and the QLogic logo are registered trademarks of QLogic Corporation. Other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of the companies with which they are associated.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Steve Sturgeon QLogic Corporation 858.472.5669 email@example.com Investor Contact: Jean Hu QLogic Corporation 949.389.7579 firstname.lastname@example.org