“Africa is a rapidly growing market, leap-frogging ‘legacy’ technologies to take advantage of the cost savings and enhanced services that can be enabled with VoIP and SIP,” said Serge Adam, vice president of EMEA at Sonus. “The Sonus SBC portfolio is the fastest growing on the market and serves as a foundation of advanced technology growth as EVOX ignites the burgeoning African market.”Other Facts:
- The SBC 5200 has been performance verified by Miercom. As part of the testing, the SBC 5200 successfully registered 256,000 user authenticated IADs in 16 minutes at a rate of 550 registrations per second during a simulated metro area outage and recovery scenario. To access the Miercom report visit www.sonus.net/miercom
- The Sonus SBC 5100 and SBC 5200 are qualified with Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- The SBC 5200 received the “2012 NGN Leadership Award,” presented by the TMC publications INTERNET TELEPHONY and Next Gen Mobility
- EVOX, headquartered in Paris, is a leading service provider in the wholesale carrier market delivering voice services in over 20 countries in Africa
- Download a complimentary copy of Session Border Controllers For Dummies , Sonus Special Edition, by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., the publisher of the For Dummies ® book series by visiting http://www.sonus.net/dummies
- Sonus SBC 5200 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of Sonus’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.