Trulia (NYSE: TRLA), today announced the beta launch of Trulia Suggests, a new, personalized and visually-engaging way for home buyers and real estate enthusiasts to discover homes. Trulia Suggests’ proprietary algorithm considers an individual user’s behaviors in context of the preferences and behaviors of Trulia’s 31 million unique users to unearth new properties and provide personalized suggestions via a photo-centric user interface that displays big, beautiful images. Users can refine their suggestions in real-time by ‘following’ and ‘liking’ homes that appeal to them, or ‘hiding’ those that are not a fit. Trulia Suggests offers a unique service by intelligently surfacing homes for individual users who are logged in to their Trulia account by going beyond the generic search box and standard search filters. Instead of focusing just on criteria like numbers of bedrooms, bathrooms and square footage, Trulia Suggests considers users’ explicit opinions about listings, as well as behaviorally-inferred opinions when recommending new homes. Highly visual, with big, bold images, Trulia Suggests makes property discovery easier and provides an interactive experience that makes the home search more fun. "Our Data Science team has developed proprietary advanced machine-learning and smart algorithms to personalize and revolutionize our product experience, putting them to work for home buyers who are about to make the largest purchase of their lives,” said Lee Clancy, Trulia's VP of Consumer Products. “We're going beyond the search box to bring consumers smart product "suggestions" in a fun, easy and visually-engaging way. With housing inventory so tight right now, this product will open up the eyes of consumers to homes and neighborhoods they might not have explored in the past.” Trulia Suggests features:
- Like Homes: Users can like homes to get personalized suggestions of similar properties that match their preferences
- Hide Homes: Users can remove homes they dislike from their search results, which will provide more relevant suggestions in the future
- Follow Homes: Users can “follow” homes to get email or mobile updates about homes they like
- Track and Refine: Users can refine their property suggestions by continuously providing feedback on new homes they research
- To download hi-res screenshots of the Trulia Suggests, click here.