Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. New York Community Bancorp ( NYCB) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, New York Community Bancorp fell 15 cents (-1.1%) to $13.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of New York Community Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.29-$13.53 after having opened the day at $13.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.46. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 14.1%, Emclaire Financial Corporation ( EMCF), down 10%, Old Second Bancorp ( OSBC), down 9.7%, and Southern First ( SFST), down 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full New York Community Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.