With a rapidly evolving workforce reliant on more freelancers, globally dispersed teams and increasing generational and cultural diversity, today’s businesses, government organizations and associations require more effective tools for collaboration, productivity and mobility. As a sponsor of Telework Week March 4-8, Citrix is encouraging businesses to take action and try some of the new ways that people are getting work done, collaborating across boundaries and being ever more productive. In an increasingly fluid economy, where mobile technologies are increasingly blending work and personal lives, organizations are facing a number of important trends impacting how we think about and manage work. PriceWaterhouseCoopers reports that by 2020, companies will increase the number of host locations by 50%, so teams are, and will continue to be, ever more dispersed across different places rather than being physically co-located. It’s also not uncommon for employees, customers and vendors to never meet in person, and there’s a greater expectation for people to remain connected and in touch while on the go. Furthermore, according to the McKinsey Global Institute, the Fortune 100 workforce will increase in terms of the number of contingent workers utilized, from 20% in 2012 to 50% by 2020. The implication is that an increasing percentage of teams will consist of people who are not employed directly by your company and will be outside the company firewall. How do you ensure that you are providing these people with tools that enable them all to work effectively and seamlessly together, irrespective of which company is employing them or where they happen to be located? “It’s no longer about where people are working; it’s about how effectively they’re working, both as individuals and as teams,” said Brett Caine, senior vice president and general manager of Citrix’s Online Services division. “The new workplace is all about collaborative workstyles, and moving the business faster. Putting easy to use tools in place that help foster relationships when people cannot meet in person, optimize the sharing of ideas and information, and ensure better productivity will be essential for success as the nature of work continues to evolve.”
Workshifting, or moving work to the most optimal place and time, represents a contemporary, people-centric, approach to work. Individuals are, and will increasingly need to be, empowered, trusted, and held accountable for prioritizing what they do and when. Companies that enable this work flexibility through more mobile workstyles are meeting modern workplace challenges head-on with tools that enable employees to deliver great results from anywhere. According to the Telework Research Report, workshifting can increase productivity, with associated cost reductions, as employees can collaborate more effectively and move business forward faster.For employers looking to implement tools for flexible working, Citrix’s market-leading and award winning products (including Citrix Receiver, GoToMeeting, GoToMyPC, Podio, ShareFile and XenMobile MDM) are available for free trial so businesses nationwide can enable workshifting for their employees. Citrix also offers resources online to help employers start, implement and maintain a flexible workplace culture both across multiple campuses and multiple countries. In addition to the tools necessary for IT organizations to support and manage the systems, people and apps securely, Citrix provides simple and effective ways for individuals and teams to work from anywhere, with anyone, at any time and on any device. Collaboration:
- Citrix GoToMeeting with HDFaces is a simple web conferencing and online meeting tool allowing teams to meet and collaborate face-to-face regardless of location and device.
- Citrix Podio is a team-based collaboration platform that makes it easy for people to manage projects and get real work done.
- Citrix ShareFile provides easy and secure file access, content sharing and collaboration from any device.
- Citrix GoToAssist is a market-leading remote support product that provides a simple, intuitive way to more effectively manage IT service desk operations that support people, device and systems.
- Citrix Receiver is an easy-to-install software client that enables access to desktops, applications and data easily and securely from any device, including smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs. Working with a Citrix-enabled IT infrastructure, Receiver gives users the mobility, convenience and freedom needed to get work done from anywhere.
- XenMobile MDM is an enterprise mobile device management solution that gives users device choice while also enabling IT to meet its management and compliance requirements. It provides the foundation to address these needs through role-based management, configuration and security of corporate and employee-owned devices. Users are demanding the freedom to choose their own devices, use any app and access their e-mail and documents from anywhere.
- Citrix GoToMyPC is a leading remote access product that allows users to securely access their Mac or PC from any web browser – whether that’s from another PC, iPad or Android device – ensuring users never need to go without files, programs or email.
Citrix and GoToAssist are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and are or may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.