- No surprises: clear terms, 30 days to shop around and 60 days to cancel.
- 100 percent school certification: financial aid officers approve loan amounts to ensure that customers borrow no more than the cost of attendance, less other financial aid received.
- Graduate with less debt: customers who elect to make payments in school receive the best interest rates and pay less interest compared to those who defer payments until after graduation.
- On-time payment rewards: students may receive Upromise cash back rewards of 2 percent of their scheduled, on-time, in-school monthly payments and a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction with the auto debit payment program.
- Tuition insurance: up to $5,000 of tuition, room, board and other fees not refunded by the school if a student is forced to withdraw within a year for eligible medical reasons.
- Cosigner release opportunity: the primary borrower may apply for cosigner release after graduation and after making 12 consecutive monthly on-time principal and interest payments.
- Death and disability loan forgiveness: full loan forgiveness for the cosigner if a primary borrower dies or becomes permanently disabled.
Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation’s No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Celebrating 40 years of making a difference, Sallie Mae continues to turn education dreams into reality for American families, today serving 25 million customers. With products and services that include 529 college savings plans, Upromise rewards, scholarship search and planning tools, education loans, insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments. Learn more at SallieMae.com. Commonly known as Sallie Mae, SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.