In January 2013, a husband was jailed after failing to be transparent with his assets and for his 'deliberate' attempts to conceal his wealth**.Lawyers for The Co-operative Legal Services said that some of the most common ways used by dishonest partners to conceal their wealth include:
- claiming cash back and then pocketing or stashing the cash in the runup to a divorce or announcing a split
- making up ficticious debts owed to relatives
- going on a spending spree with a joint credit card
- transfering large sums of money to new partners or family members
- clearing out joint bank accounts - often fraudulently. In one case, a man removed all the joint savings and burnt the money in front of his ex!