NEW YORK, March 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. (Nasdaq:NYMT) ("NYMT" or the "Company") today reported results for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2012. Summary of Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2012:
- Net income attributable to common stockholders of $9.4 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012, representing net income per weighted average share of $0.19, and net income attributable to common stockholders of $28.3 million for the year ended December 31, 2012, representing net income per weighted average share of $1.08.
- The Company completed its fourth public stock offering receiving net proceeds of $104.1 million in October 2012, bringing total net proceeds received during the year to $231.6 million.
- Completed the acquisition of $75.6 million of multi-family CMBS during the fourth quarter of 2012, resulting in the Company having a net investment of $194.5 million in multi-family CMBS, at fair value, at December 31, 2012.
- Completed the acquisition of $60.9 million of distressed residential mortgage loans during the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Completed two secured structured financing transactions during the fourth quarter of 2012, resulting in $88.7 million in net proceeds.
- Book value per common share of $6.50 at December 31, 2012, as compared to $6.12 per common share at December 31, 2011 and $6.52 at September 30, 2012.
- Fourth quarter 2012 portfolio net interest margin was 333 basis points.
- Declared fourth quarter dividend of $0.27 per common share that was paid on January 25, 2013.