Enterprise Mobile, a business unit of Intermec Technologies (NYSE:IN), and a pioneer in delivering comprehensive mobility managed services, today announced that it has reached a major operational milestone. Enterprise Mobile is pleased to announce that it now has more than 250,000 devices under contract for managed services. The company has developed a wide portfolio of services designed to reduce the cost and complexity of sourcing, deploying, securing and managing mobile devices of any kind. Enterprise Mobile has experience with more than 125 global companies--across retail, transportation, manufacturing, and food services, pharmaceutical and other industries. “We’re encouraged by the considerable growth of our business over the last several years,” says Bill Pratt, General Manager at Enterprise Mobile. “It speaks to the intensifying need among enterprise IT leaders to identify trusted managed services partners to save time and get a better handle on mobility usage across their operations regardless of device type, industry or use case.” To help companies address the challenges of planning and executing corporate mobility strategies, Enterprise Mobile is committed to continuously enhancing its multi-platform mobility lifecycle services. This end-to-end delivery framework covers every essential aspect of a mobility strategy, including:
- Strategy Consulting—Enterprise Mobile has been retained by dozens of customers to develop, shape, validate and execute mobility strategies for device selection, application development and distribution, mobile device management (MDM) enablement, platform migration, and more.
- Lifecycle Services—With 250,000 devices managed, Enterprise Mobile is the leader in providing initial device setup and deployment, 24x7x365 customer-branded helpdesk and device depot services, including overnight device replacement, warranty management, and recycling.
- Mobile Device Management Enablement—including working with companies to define security and content management requirements, evaluate vendors, sourcing of solutions, implementation and ongoing administration services.
- Telecom Expense Management—including customer-branded online portal ordering and fulfillment, as well as ongoing wireless investment optimization.
The growth in the number of devices managed has translated into industry-leading execution, such as:
- More than 75,000 devices configured, staged and kitted annually.
- Handling of 400,000+ end-user support inquiries annually, including inbound helpdesk calls and emails with a more than 85% first call resolution achievement.
- Processing of thousands of device replacements per month due to loss, theft and malfunction.
- Implementation of Mobile Device Management (MDM) software for more than 250 companies representing tens of thousands of licenses.
- Millions of dollars of potential savings across wireless carrier expense management and optimization opportunities.