|(in millions, except per share data)||January 31,||Increase|
|Income from continuing operations||$||13.4||$||10.6||26.4%|
|Income from continuing operations per diluted share||$||0.24||$||0.20||20.0%|
|Adjusted income from continuing operations||$||14.7||$||11.8||24.6%|
|Adjusted income from continuing operations per diluted share||$||0.26||$||0.22||18.2%|
|Net income per diluted share||$||0.24||$||0.20||20.0%|
|Net cash (used in) provided by operating activities||$||(11.5||)||$||12.0||*NM|
|(This release refers to non-GAAP financial measures described as "Adjusted EBITDA", "Adjusted income from continuing operations", and "Adjusted income from continuing operations per diluted share" (or "Adjusted EPS"). Refer to the accompanying financial tables for supplemental financial data and corresponding reconciliation of these non-GAAP financial measures to certain GAAP financial measures.)|
- Revenues were a record $1.18 billion in the first quarter of fiscal 2013, up approximately 10.1% compared to $1.07 billion last year, primarily due to $100.4 million in contributions from recent acquisitions.
- Janitorial, ABM Facility Services 1, and Security segments achieved organic growth of 1.9%, 8.2%, and 5.1%, respectively, from new sales and expansion of services with existing clients.
- Adjusted income from continuing operations for the fiscal 2013 first quarter was $0.26 per diluted share, up 18.2%, compared to $0.22 per diluted share in the prior year.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 7.5% to $38.6 million primarily from the contributions of recent acquisitions.
- Net cash used in operations was $11.5 million for fiscal 2013 first quarter, compared to net cash generated of $12.0 million for the same period last year.
- Outstanding borrowings under the Company’s credit facility increased by $208 million in the first quarter from the end of fiscal 2012 primarily to fund recent acquisitions.