Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Sherwin-Williams Company ( SHW) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Sherwin-Williams Company rose $2.90 (1.8%) to $165.38 on average volume. Throughout the day, 821,572 shares of Sherwin-Williams Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 893,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $161.81-$165.38 after having opened the day at $161.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $162.48. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Ferro ( FOE), up 30.8%, American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), up 9.6%, American Vanguard Corporation ( AVD), up 8.6%, and Ceres ( CERE), up 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.