Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE:AVY) announced today that it has formalized a company-wide policy to promote responsible paper sourcing and procurement. The policy will be available in the Reports and Downloads section of the company’s sustainability website. “As a leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions, we recognize that we have a responsibility to help our customers and our industry become more sustainable,” said Dean Scarborough, Avery Dennison chairman, president and CEO. “Our policy will guide us in sourcing materials responsibly, using them more efficiently in our operations, and developing greener products from them.” Developed with the support of non-governmental organization Rainforest Alliance, Avery Dennison’s policy commits the company and its businesses to:
- Identify and disclose the sources of the pulp, natural fiber and paper in its labeling and packaging materials and solutions
- Help ensure that its suppliers follow sustainable forest management practices
- Evaluate and reward sound environmental performance on the part of its supply chain partners
- Seek to maximize its use of recycled content and fiber sourced from Forest Stewardship Council-certified forestry operations
- Work to avoid controversial fiber sources
About Avery DennisonAvery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and 30,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers with insights and innovations that help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent. Headquartered in Pasadena, California, the company reported sales from continuing operations of $6 billion in 2012. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.