Anchored by the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform – the most comprehensive and interoperable software infrastructure for universal video collaboration – Polycom video offerings can be used in conjunction with partners’ products to meet a range of emerging use cases in the healthcare field, including using live or on-demand video to support care coordination, records compliance, education efforts, and more. For example:
- AMD Global Telemedicine – AMD offers a series of cameras, dermascopes, nasopharyngoscopes, ophthalmoscopes, and telephonic stethoscopes. When combined with Polycom RealPresence video and audio solutions, AMD Global Telemedicine and Polycom provide easy-to-use, high-quality telemedicine tools for emergency rooms and urgent care centers, pediatric and general practitioner offices, or specialists’ offices like dermatology or ear-nose-throat (ENT). AMD Global Telemedicine and Polycom also partner to help healthcare providers acquire, store and forward medical images as part of a live video telemedicine consultation.
- Eceptionist – Eceptionist is a web-based solution used around the world on a daily basis by the most respected names in healthcare to manage, schedule and coordinate multiple forms of virtual and non-virtual telehealth services, referral and service triage, extra enterprise scheduling, care pathways and wait lists. Eceptionist supports telehealth, referrals, scheduling and reporting and can easily be configured to support intelligent referral and scheduling processes. Eceptionist connects with the Polycom RealPresence Platform software infrastructure to schedule and manage all aspects of virtual collaboration.
- GlobalMed – Working with Polycom, GlobalMed integrates video conferencing and collaboration solutions into its medical peripherals and cloud-based image and data management software, creating one portable system, extending the solutions to hospitals, teaching institutions, clinics, and home healthcare environments. Their solutions are deployed on a global basis into hospitals, federal and teaching institutions, clinics, and corporate and home healthcare environments. Through this key partnership, physicians are able to maximize their collaboration efforts using GlobalMed’s Encounter™ management system, enabling virtual health consultations with the ability to capture patient video, vital signs, and visible and non-visible light images, all of which make best use of the clinical workflow across the entity’s care ecosystem.
- Discharge Planning – Learn how collaborative multi-point video calls using the Polycom RealPresence Platform software infrastructure, Polycom® RealPresence® Group Series solution, Polycom® RealPresence® Media Manager software, Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile 2.2 app, and Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite software can connect the care team, patients and family for better discharge planning and reduced readmissions.
- Accountable Care Organization (ACO) planning and implementation – See how Polycom RealPresence Platform software infrastructure and Polycom RealPresence Media Manager software deliver prevention and wellness programs to the patient at home, in long-term care settings or at a community center.
- Public health prevention and wellness – Witness a live telehealth call using the GSA schedule approved Polycom® RealPresence® Practitioner Cart® 8000 (see related press release), to connect distant patients to specialists or groups of patients to live multi-point educational sessions for peer-to-peer medical education.
About PolycomPolycom is the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) solutions for voice and video collaboration, trusted by more than 415,000 customers around the world. Polycom solutions are powered by the Polycom ® RealPresence ® Platform, comprehensive software infrastructure and rich APIs that interoperate with the broadest set of communication, business, mobile and cloud applications and devices to deliver secure face-to-face video collaboration in any environment. Polycom and its ecosystem of over 7,000 partners provide truly unified communications solutions that deliver the best user experience, highest multi-vendor interoperability, and lowest TCO. Visit www.polycom.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to learn how we’re pushing the greatness of human collaboration forward. NOTE: The product plans, specifications, and descriptions herein are provided for information only and subject to change without notice, and are provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Polycom reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time. Products and related specifications referenced herein are not guaranteed and will be delivered on a when and if available basis. © 2013 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved. POLYCOM®, the Polycom logo, and the names and marks associated with Polycom’s products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.