HIMSS CONFERENCE -- Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced Clintegrity 360 ™, an integrated computer-assisted system for clinical documentation improvement (CDI) and coding that helps physicians seamlessly deliver the most clinically-accurate and complete medical records while also supporting coding, compliance and quality teams with the most advanced set of Clinical Language Understanding (CLU) tools. This enterprise-wide solution optimizes the clinical documentation, coding and quality reporting processes that are essential for a successful transition to ICD-10, Meaningful Use Stage Two and new value-based payment models. Employing Nuance’s market-leading CLU technology, specialized clinical documentation improvement (CDI) content, coding tools and professional services, Clintegrity 360 is revolutionizing traditional clinical documentation and coding approaches. This intelligent system provides a simpler and more effective way for clinicians to create complete, compliant clinical documentation from the start — within their workflow and within their Electronic Health Records (EHR) —maximizing physician adoption while simultaneously minimizing delays and lack of specificity in the clinical documentation process that compromise clinical and financial outcomes. Nuance Clintegrity 360 will be demonstrated in booth #4025 at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society ( HIMSS) Conference & Exhibits in New Orleans March 4 – 6. “Looking for the healthcare economy to shift from volume to value, we see a chance to thoughtfully revise how and why we document in the patient record, as well as to set clearer expectations of each other in completing this documentation,” says Hal Baker, M.D., vice president and chief information officer, WellSpan Health. “ICD-10 is not a coding challenge, it’s a clinical documentation challenge, but everyone has been focusing solely on the back end of the coding process instead of at the point of care,” said Janet Dillione, executive vice president and general manager, Nuance Healthcare. “Organizations need to start with high quality electronic documentation from the beginning of the care process to drive quality, efficiency and effectiveness throughout the entire system. Clintegrity 360 is the only end-to-end computer-assisted solution that both helps physicians improve documentation in real-time at the point of care within the EHR while providing the downstream coding, quality and case management teams with the highest performing set of computer-assisted coding and reporting tools.”
Clintegrity 360 combines more than 20 years of specialized CDI and clinical coding experience with Nuance’s voice-enabled CLU technology to create an intelligent system that fuels accuracy from the first capture of the patient’s condition. This ensures documentation that reflects the complexity of each patient’s care, severity of illness and risk of mortality — improving communication, facilitating more effective patient care and supporting appropriate reimbursement. This comprehensive, clinically-oriented documentation process breaks down the traditional silos between clinicians and the teams responsible for coding, compliance and quality reporting and gets everyone speaking the same language — introducing significant operational improvements and more effectively managing information across the continuum of care.Highlights of the Clintegrity 360 Platform:
- Clinical documentation improvement best practice content, technology and services at the point of care powered by J.A. Thomas, now part of Nuance, the premier provider of physician-oriented CDI programs;
- Computer-assisted physician documentation (CAPD) that delivers clinical documentation clarifications to physicians in real time while they document in the EHR, creating a more efficient, effective and less disruptive end-to-end CDI process;
- An integrated, web-based platform leveraging Quantim, Nuance’s leading enterprise-wide Health Information Management solution;
- Computer-assisted coding (CAC) technology that helps drive improved coding efficiencies, reduced denials, and appropriate reimbursement;
- A compliance module that provides healthcare organizations with the ability to ensure clinically-coded documentation is accurate and compliant to meet regulatory challenges including ICD-10, Meaningful Use Stage Two and Value-Based Purchasing programs;
- Comprehensive quality management solutions that provide concurrent documentation review for tracking patients, identifying risks, monitoring outcomes and improving core and quality measure compliance;
- All powered by Nuance’s market-leading CLU technology that automatically extracts key clinical elements from physician narrative and translates it into discrete clinical data along the entire process from care delivery and coding to quality reporting.
- Clintegrity 360: A clinically-driven approach to ICD-10 - white paper
- Are Hospitals Placing Too Much ICD-10 Stock in Computer-Assisted Coding?