- Identify and invest in both fund managers and companies for direct and/or co-investments.
- Focus on investment opportunities either located in Indiana or with a meaningful connection to the State. On an opportunistic basis, regional funds and companies will be considered provided that they have a willingness to move a significant part or all of their operations to Indiana.
- Invest in Private Equity Funds, Real Assets and Credit Investments.
- Directly invest or co-invest in companies across varied sectors through equity, debt or mezzanine participation.
- Make investments that help strengthen the Indiana economy.
- Conduct rigorous review to ensure every investment meets INPRS' return expectations.
Web: www.carlyle.comVideos: www.youtube.com/onecarlyle Tweets: www.twitter.com/onecarlyle Podcasts: www.carlyle.com/about-carlyle/market-commentary/481 About AlpInvest Partners AlpInvest Partners is one of the largest private equity investors in the world, with over US$44 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2012. AlpInvest’s activities cover a broad range of private equity investing, including Primary Fund commitments, Secondary purchases and Co-Investments. The firm’s investments span the full spectrum of private equity: buyouts, venture capital, growth capital, mezzanine, and distressed. AlpInvest independently manages the private equity investments for several large Dutch and U.S. pension funds and other institutional investors. www.alpinvest.com About Indiana Public Retirement System With approximately $27.2 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2012, the Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) is among the largest 100 pension funds in the United States. The fund serves the needs of approximately 447,000 members and retirees representing more than 1,400 employers including public universities, school corporations, municipalities and state agencies.