2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Tuesday includes the ISM non-manufacturing index for February at 10 a.m. EST.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Monday closed higher as confidence about continued stimulus support from global central banks offset worries surrounding the Chinese government's five-point plan to curb rising home prices and the U.S. budget impasse. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 38.16 points, or 0.27%, to settle at 14,128. The blue-chip index booked its second highest close ever on Monday. The Dow's all-time high is 14,164.53. The S&P 500 increased 7 points, or 0.46%, to close at 1,525. The Nasdaq advanced by 12.29 points, or 0.39%, to 3,182.
4. -- Citigroup ( C) CEO Michael Corbat makes his first presentation Tuesday since taking over the bank in October. Corbat's speech, at Citi's 2013 U.S. Financial Services Conference in Boston, begins at 12:45 p.m. EST.
5. -- Shares of iPhone maker Apple ( AAPL) lost 2.4% Monday to finish at $420.05; the stock hit a 52-week low of $419 during the trading session. Apple's 52-week high is $705.07 .
6. -- Vornado Realty Trust ( VNO) was selling 10 million shares of J.C. Penney ( JCP) in an unregistered secondary transaction, according to a person familiar with the sale, The Wall Street Journal reported.
7. -- The Department of Justice is seeking additional details of the proposed $11 billion merger of AMR ( AAMRQ.PK) and US Airways ( LCC). The merger would create the world's largest airline.
8. -- A report by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations highlights flaws in JPMorgan Chase's ( JPM) public disclosures and takes aim at several executives, including Douglas Braunstein, who was chief financial officer at the time the bank recorded multibillion-trading losses, The New York Times reported, citing people briefed on the inquiry.
9. -- General Motors ( GM) and its Chinese joint ventures sold 215,070 vehicles in the country in February, down 11% from the same month a year earlier.
10. -- Checkpoint Systems ( CKP) and VeriFone Systems ( PAY) report earnings Tuesday.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.