- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- SDRL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 113.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$128.00 million to $17.00 million.
- SEADRILL LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEADRILL LTD reported lower earnings of $2.40 versus $2.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.07 versus $2.40).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.20 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, SDRL has a quick ratio of 0.57, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $241.00 million or 43.55% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.