REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number oneindependent provider of dataintegration software, today introduced Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management, a rapidlydeployable operational intelligence solution for healthcare thatenhances care coordination, improves quality and enhances patientsafety. This solution leverages existing investments in applications,industry standards like HL7 and messaging interfaces betweensystems. It monitors real-time operational data to identifyopportunities where care coordination can be improved. Bydelivering real-time alerts to appropriate caregivers, it ispossible to intervene proactively to enhance care coordination andimprove patient safety. Also, since this solution operates at thepoint of patient interaction, healthcare organizations can at lastenable more effective front line care behavior. As a result, theycan reduce avoidable readmissions and penalties and improveenforcement of medical and business best practices. Informatica's Proactive Decision Management for Healthcare isdistinct from conventional, after-the fact alerting anddecision support solutions. Built on the Informatica Platform, thissolution leverages the flexible Informatica RulePoint and B2BData Exchange technologies. It uniquely:
- Works across applications inside and outside theenterprise
- Operates on data in motion vs. persisted data
- Works with existing infrastructure and industry standards
- Empowers business users to quickly create customizedalerts
Use Cases Across the Care ContinuumInformatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management can beimplemented in a matter of weeks and can be easily configured tosupport a wide range of use cases simultaneously. Examplesinclude:
- Readmissions reduction - If a discharged patientreturns to the emergency room within a given number of days, or ifa new patient shows signs of readmittance risk, caregivers can bealerted immediately so they can take appropriate care actions tohelp avoid an unnecessary readmission and the associated financialpenalties.
- Follow-up support intervention - If a dischargedpatient is instructed to schedule a follow-up visit with a primaryphysician or to take certain medication, Informatica ProactiveMonitoring for Healthcare can alert staff when a patient fails toaccomplish a required task to help ensure compliance.
- Unsafe hospital discharge avoidance - Staffers can bealerted when a patient is being discharged prematurely, e.g.: whentest results still are outstanding, etc.
- "Frequent flyer" care optimization - Appropriate carespecialists can be quickly notified and care resources aligned onthe admittance of frequent service users, who often have seriousmedical issues.
Advantages for Industry StakeholdersIn addition to benefiting healthcare providers, Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Managementenablesopportunities for:
- Health Plans - Health plans can collaborate moreclosely with providers and provide operational intelligence toprovider clients as a distinguishing value-added service.
- Healthcare Technology Companies - ElectronicHealthcare Record (EHR) vendors can differentiate their offeringsby adding Informatica Proactive Healthcare Decision Management totheir solution stack without incremental development effort.
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org